Enjoy Every Moment...

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Ski Trip and St Paddy's Day Pics






I'm posting a couple of pictures with Chris and me with Rex and Angela (friends from DC area). We had a great time catching up and look forward to seeing you guys again soon (perhaps on a cruise). Make sure you guys keep in touch!
Chris and I went up to Crystal Mountain today. It turned out to be pretty and warm. It was only my second time downhill skiing so I ended up on my butt more than on my skis. Chris decided to take me to a "easy hill" which proved to be more like a Black Diamond hill (for those of you who do not know the black diamond is NOT for beginners!). Needless to say I tumbled down a significant amount of the mountain and I can't even tell you the times my skis and poles went flying (literally). Poor Chris felt so bad and I was so frustrated because I was still trying to learn to turn and stop and I swear as soon as I got my skis back on and started off I was down again. No doubt I am going to hurt tomorrow. I fell into some positions I don't think my body has ever been in! Overall I had fun because after making it through the "easy hill" I was no longer afraid of the smaller hills. I improved on my turning, cutting and stopping. I will go again however; I will NOT be following Chris to the "easy hills" again any time soon:-).
One more thing that happened that really ended our day on a perfect note was Chris getting pulled over for going 76 in a 55mph road. When the officer asked Chris if he knew how fast he was going he said he wasn't sure, so after the officer told him Chris said it must have been because he was going down a hill. Then he proceeded to ask the officer if he skied and how he enjoyed it and blah, blah, blah. Ticket was given for 70 instead of 76 (which cut it almost $100). Then to beat it all Chris asked the officer if he could take a picture with him to post on our blog because he thought it would be cool. The officer laughed and said that he needed to give the other guy (who had been driving closely behind us and also got pulled over) a ticket and didn't have time.
So that was a brief summary of our day on the slopes. Hope all is well with everyone.

1 Comments:

At 12:54 PM , Blogger AnnaG said...

Hey Tonia, sounds like you had a great time. I would have liked to see you skiing. Oh, and I agree, for some reason a guy's definition of easy usually isn't. :-) Love ya!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home